Artisanal carpet/broadloom and area rug designer and custom flooring specialist KALEEN is updating its product offering and service options starting Fall 2023 to focus on four key segments:
- LUXE Collection
- Handmade soft flooring goods
KALEEN’s new, go-forward strategic plan, which is set to launch in tandem with the upcoming High Point Market in October, centers on the 26+ year-old company’s better- and best-tiered product qualities and its honed expertise in carpet customization to address robust market sectors.
“As our product qualities and styles have elevated, so has our brand,” explains Monty Rathi, KALEEN Chief Operating Officer. “Our customer is rapidly shifting to a more discerning clientele with a penchant for fashion-forward design in artisan-crafted qualities and custom-made styles.”
He continued: “We’re building on our biggest successes and tap emerging opportunities with retailers, designers, hospitality clients and end-consumers – with the goal to, ultimately, fuel even greater growth for our entire business.”
Growing demand is being met via KALEEN’s many recent strategic investments in these four target categories of goods and services, in anticipation of this evolution. Among these: an expanded production team; state-of-the-art machinery; broaden capabilities for customizing carpets and rugs; upgrades to the Kaleen website, including more user-friendly features and faster checkout; an expanded breadth of best-in-class products; and a deeper dive into large-scale custom-curated projects.
More specifically, this sturdy foundation has also paved the way for KALEEN to service hospitality, residential and commercial projects for high-end properties and projects.
“Today, we are well-equipped to quickly and adeptly seize on niche market shares,” Rathi says.
To accommodate this new business model, KALEEN is actively phasing out its machine-made area programs and area rug qualities from its operations and product offerings.
KALEEN will present its newest collections and services at High Point Market, October 14-18, in showroom ShowPlace 2345, on the second floor. To make an appointment, please contact your Kaleen sales representative.
KALEEN Product & Service Offering Descriptions
Spans a wide range of styles and qualities, including four signature branded programs:
- Home & Porch spans 10 sophisticated designs, all of them handwoven of UV-treated polyester for durability and stain resistance – making them perfect for high-traffic interiors and stylish living spaces outside, alike.
- Hook & Beam: A unique grouping of 13 collections made from a proprietary combination of hand-crafted and machine-made constructions, and all of 100% pure wool.
- Kaleen Broadloom: A grouping of four collections, all handwoven of wool or a wool-viscose blend, and depicting one-of-a-kind patterns relayed by artisan weavers.
- Pure Life: A thoughtfully curated offering of two collections, both made of 100% wool and GOTS Certified to ensure these products are free of harmful chemicals and use only organic dyes.
- Expanded Broadloom Design + Styling Options. Choose from any of the company’s broadloom options, including 4 signature new collections–Kaleen Broadloom, Hook + Beam, Pure Life & Home + Porch
- Quick and Easy Ordering. Simplified 1-2-3 process accessible online at KaleenCustom.com
- Shapes – Rectangle, Square, Octagon, Round and Oval
- Sizes – Dimensions up to 16 feet wide and 85 feet long
- Serge Finishes – Machine or Hand
- Binding Finishes – Mitered or Folded
An award-winning collection spanning high-end area rugs and bespoke broadloom available in 30 stylishly versatile designs. LUXE products are made of 100% premium wool and expertly hand-knotted by Kaleen’s team of highly trained artisan weavers. Area rugs are stocked in three standard sizes. The collection is also available for Broadloom applications. KALEEN’s India operations stock carpet rolls of each LUXE design to create custom area rug sizes and shapes (within 50-foot long and 15-foot wide dimensions). Orders are delivered in less than 120 days.
To ensure the integrity of the brand, KALEEN is restricting the LUXE program to upscale brick-and-mortar retailers as well as interior designers and decorators.
A comprehensive assortment of artisan-crafted qualities spanning both broadloom carpet and area rugs.
- Hand tufted
- Hand woven
- Hand loomed